Monday, February 27, 2012

My body actually can lose weight

But only if I RELIGIOUSLY follow a diet. Here's what I have been doing for the past 7 days. (7 days is a long time when you like to eat as much as I do, and when the size of your behind requires one bazillion calories to keep going.)

- Follow Weight Watchers (OLD) plan. The new one doesn't work for me. Tried it for 3 weeks, lost 1.5 pounds. I'm not dieting for kicks, people. Gotta see results or I'm OUT.

- Exercised (mostly walking, some running) 5 of the past 7 days

- No sugar or refined carbs...followed this like 95% of the time

- No alcohol. Not that I have a problem with it, but I have ONE drink and immediately stop caring about what I eat. It's like magic.

- Little to no carbs with dinner

- NO eating after dinner

- Lots of water

And that's it. And this morning, the beginning of week 2, I really hesitated to get on the scale. I can tell a difference in my body, but I would have been SO disappointed if I had only lost one pound. Plus, it's always good to weigh after a big poop (YES I did just say that! But it's true and you know it!) and my fingers felt swollen, blah blah blah.

BUT I did it. I stepped on the scale and tried to give myself a pep talk (in my head, I'm not THAT crazy) as I did it. Because there's really not much else I could have done to step it up. And...wait for it...wait for it...

7 POUNDS. In one week. That is crazy. And I love that kind of crazy. I know it won't happen every week, and I still have, like, a first grader to lose, but it's a darn good start.

I was walking yesterday, thinking about this whole dieting thing. I am always. ALWAYS on a diet. Or cheating on one. Or taking a break from one. And I still hang out within the same 10 pound range. So I was thinking, since I diet until I can take a day off, or until I take some time off...and it's obviously not working, maybe I should re-think things.

Considering the metabolism that I have (horrible) I should probably just decide if I'd rather eat what I want, or lose weight. And really, I think I'd rather lose weight. Once I get on a roll, maybe I'll take a cheat day or meal a week. That seems reasonable to me.

So there. I will just put that out there, for the world to see. Week 2 annnd GO.

No comments:

Post a Comment