Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Eventful few days

So it's been an eventful few days here in our house. Halloween is coming up, which means costumes must be decided upon. M, the five year old, is borrowing a cute bumble bee costume from her friend Ellory, so I will be hunting a baby bee costume for B (M has approved this.) I'm thinking I will put some kind of flower headband on and wear green, and my husband Travis can be a bee keeper, assuming I can find the hat. We'll see if it works out.

B got a cold a few days ago, and Saturday night/Sunday morning got scary croupy, wheezing and all. I called the doctor's office, and they said to take him to the ER. Of course this happens on a Saturday night! (I work at a church, and Sundays are kinda busy...)

Anyway, there's nothing like going from asleep to wide awake and panicked at 2 am.

We had a nice little trip to the ER, which lasted approximately 3 hours. Travis stayed home with M. B and I went in, and it was pretty immediately evident that it was, in fact, croup, and that it wasn't anything worthy of being admitted. Whew!

So they treated him with steroids (he is looking pretty buff now) and a breathing treatment, and sent us on our way. Now B is a little social butterfly, so in spite of his sickness, he was dazzling all of the hospital staff. In my head, I was shrieking, "DON'T TOUCH HIM!!! GERMS!!!!" but on the outside, I was nice. I did sanitize the world after the ordeal was over.

It's always an adventure, isn't it?

OH, by the way, I met a respiratory therapist who smokes while in the ER. I BARELY resisted the urge to point out the irony to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment