Thursday, October 27, 2011

Yard sale treasures

So I am now the proud owner of a Coach purse. I mean really. The idea just blows my mind - I'm a Target purse kind of girl. Or even better (and more of a splurge) Etsy, where I can get a handmade purse and avoid throwing money at the huge corporations. They'll be fine. The corporations, I mean.

And in general, I could care less what kind of brands I own. I don't wear clothes that say any names on them. As long as they fit well, are comfortable, and make the fat look least obvious, I'm in.

BUT, my dear friend Gail was having a yard sale. And she was selling a few Coach purses. And she let me come over a day early for a preview sale. And there they were. Naturally I bought two, because with one for $20 and the other for $35, you can't afford NOT to buy a Coach purse. And they're cute, and the leather is so soft. Thank you, cows. I might give one away. Might.

I live in a city that is overflowing with silicone and Prada, so my Coach purse won't even cause a stir. Maybe I should get some fake boobs too, ya know after the whole breastfeeding thing is over. You know those nature channel specials about the women in Africa who never wear shirts? Yeah....I'll just stop there. You're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Do...Your....

    Boobs hang low? Do they wobble two and fro? Can you tie them in a knot? Can you tie them in a bow? Can you throw them over your shoulder like a continental soldier? Do your Booooooobs haaaaang low?!

    Yes. Yes they do. Thank you breastfeeding children. I will never be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA I love it!!! I'll be singing that all day now...

    It is sad, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete