Saturday, October 29, 2011

Snack time

This morning my 5 year old was watching TV, and kept going to wash her hands. She made sure to tell us that she was going to wash her hands "again" and be right back. After the third time, I decided that something sounded fishy. I asked her why she needed to wash her hands. She quickly replied, "I picked my nose, but I'm washing my hands!" And she dashed off to the bathroom.

When she came back, I asked her what she did with the boogers when she picked her nose. She replied, "I ate them." Like it was no big deal. Like they were chips or something. We've had this talk MANY times, about how we don't eat boogers, boogers are not food, boogers go in the tissue, etc. Still, she likes to snack on them occasionally.

I decided to take a new approach today, and told her, "Oh well if you've been eating boogers, you don't want any lunch right?"

She replied, "Boogers aren't even enough, they don't fill up my tummy."

I had to turn around so she didn't see me laughing.

And then we had ANOTHER talk about how we don't eat our boogers.

Now what, I ask you, seems even remotely appetizing about boogers? When you pull it out of your nose, what would make you think, hmm...that might be good? I should eat that.

I don't get it.

1 comment:

  1. I thought I commented on this post the other day because I burst out laughing at "...like they were chips or something!" Too funny!

    ReplyDelete